In the beginning...

I have decided to start this year with a goal in mind. To become vegan by the end of 2013.

What inspired me to make this decision is the P.I.N.K. Method. I started it on January 1, 2012. I lost a total of 30 lbs and maintained that for a few months before getting pregnant.

During this process, I learned the value (and the great feeling) of not eating CRAP. C - caffeine R - refined sugars A - alcohol P - processed foods. I also cut out dairy (milk, cheese, etc) which was part of the program, and instead had almond milk, coconut milk (when I could find it), or rice milk.

When I heard that Cynthia Pasquella was making a cookbook, I knew immediately that I had to have it. It would be my next step in becoming more health conscious and learning how to replace everyday foods with better options.

The Hungry Hottie cookbook was launched at the end of November 2012. I decided to get the ebook & actual book bundle.

In December, I made a few of the recipes inside including "Almonds, what a joy" and the "Mac n Cheese". I was surprised that my husband actually enjoyed the mac n' cheese as the "cheese" was made with sweet potato.

I received the physical copy of the book today (forgot to check the mail yesterday). I was so excited when I opened up the front cover and saw Cynthia's autograph. Although, I now feel like I don't want to use the book and keep it in tip top shape.

Like Cynthia suggested in the book, I've decided to start my process with Meatless Mondays. Then as we become ready and learn extend it to more days of the week.

I'm not an animal activist and don't care if people choose to eat meat, in fact my husband is a carnivore and he's not totally on board with meatlessness. I am health concious and don't agree with eating animals that are being fed hormones and fillers that are harmful to humans.

I will be restarting the PINK method after the birth of our next baby, possibly April or May.

P.S. My son was also a little excited. He was "helping" me hold the book for the pictures. He is just over 2 years old.

Comments

Popular Posts