Vitamix Ecstasy!
I've been hearing a lot about the vita-mix ever since Cynthia Pasquella mentioned it in her hungry hottie cookbook. I read a lot of reviews and it was a toss up between the vita-mix and the ninja. But due to the seven-year warranty on the vita-mix it definitely won out.
I ordered my system through Costco.com for $499 no shipping. After the exchange-rate it came to about $565. Still a lot better then what Costco.ca was offering the same system for $699. I got the vita mix 5210 with a blender and a grain blender.
My previous smoothie-making machine was a bullet. I always felt that it did a pretty great job but after using the vita-mix, wow how did I live like that? Believe it or not it's so much quieter than the bullet. And well, for the price, it obviously works a lot better.
My first experience was incredible. I poured in my almond milk, added my banana, strawberries and frozen blueberries and then proceeded to turn it on. I couldn't even hear the frozen blueberries blending, as I always could with the bullet.
My mix was looking a little thin, so I decided to add a few ice cubes through the top opening. I added a couple of handfuls and to my surprise, I didn't hear a single of them grinding below in the blades.
What?? No grinding sounds? It's like I added water! Needless to say, I couldn't wait to use it again.
Clean up? Such a breeze!! All you have to do is fill the container half with some warm water, add a couple of drops of dish detergent and turn it on high for 30 to 60 seconds, rinse and dry, et voila!! You're ready for your next use.
My next project? I have some homemade laundry detergent that was stuck in big chunks that needed grinding. So I got out my grain blender and let me tell you I have the smoothest laundry detergent now.
I can't wait to start learning how to use it more and making all my own flours, smoothies, even hot/cold soups, doughs, etc. the list goes on.
I ordered my system through Costco.com for $499 no shipping. After the exchange-rate it came to about $565. Still a lot better then what Costco.ca was offering the same system for $699. I got the vita mix 5210 with a blender and a grain blender.
My previous smoothie-making machine was a bullet. I always felt that it did a pretty great job but after using the vita-mix, wow how did I live like that? Believe it or not it's so much quieter than the bullet. And well, for the price, it obviously works a lot better.
My first experience was incredible. I poured in my almond milk, added my banana, strawberries and frozen blueberries and then proceeded to turn it on. I couldn't even hear the frozen blueberries blending, as I always could with the bullet.
My mix was looking a little thin, so I decided to add a few ice cubes through the top opening. I added a couple of handfuls and to my surprise, I didn't hear a single of them grinding below in the blades.
What?? No grinding sounds? It's like I added water! Needless to say, I couldn't wait to use it again.
Clean up? Such a breeze!! All you have to do is fill the container half with some warm water, add a couple of drops of dish detergent and turn it on high for 30 to 60 seconds, rinse and dry, et voila!! You're ready for your next use.
My next project? I have some homemade laundry detergent that was stuck in big chunks that needed grinding. So I got out my grain blender and let me tell you I have the smoothest laundry detergent now.
I can't wait to start learning how to use it more and making all my own flours, smoothies, even hot/cold soups, doughs, etc. the list goes on.


Comments
Post a Comment